Are you a licensed New York Real Estate Agent or Broker? The purpose of this article is to cover New York Real Estate license renewal requirements, timelines, and where licensees can complete the approved mandatory and elective course topics.
Real Estate License Renewal Requirements
Below are the requirements that are the same for both NY real estate agents and brokers.
- There is an annual fee to renew your New York real estate license
- Each licensee must complete 22.5 hours of continuing education every 2 years and must be completed by the agent’s birthday
- Agents must complete Fair Housing and Agency.
- If this is the agent’s first time renewing, they must complete an additional hour of agency
New York Real Estate Agent Renewal Requirements
- Salespersons licenses expires every two years on the agent’s birthday
- Renewal Fee: $55
- Late Fee: $200
- Renewal notices are emailed and mailed to all active New York real estate salespersons approximately 90 days prior to the expiration of the license.
New York Real Estate Broker Renewal Requirements
- Broker licenses expire every two years
- Renewal Fee: $155
- Late Fee: $200
- Renewal notices will be emailed and mailed to all active New York real estate salespersons approximately 90 days prior to the expiration of the license.
What happens after I renew my real estate license?
A new New York real estate license is sent out within 5–10 business days of the state receiving the renewal form and payment.
How to complete the 22.5 credit hour continuing education requirement
The full 22.5 credit hours can be completed online at ny.keepmecertified.com
Can I file my renewal form online?
Yes, the renewal form and payment can be submitted online by clicking here.
New York Real Estate School – Online Courses
Keep Me Certified is a New York approved online real estate school offering the 22.5 credit hours of approved continuing ed course topics necessary to renew a real estate license. To learn more or enroll and start a course, visit keepmecertified.com