This article helps simplify the process to Renew a Rhode Island real estate license in 2024. Our goal is to help Rhode Island real estate agents and brokers understand the requirements and how to renew a Rhode Island real estate license.
Real Estate License Renewal Requirements
Below are the same education requirements for Rhode Island real estate salespersons and brokers.
- Each Rhode Island real estate license must be renewed every year
- There is an annual fee to renew your Rhode Island real estate license
- Each licensee must complete 24 hours of continuing education every 2 years and must be completed by April 30th of every EVEN year (2024, 2026, etc.)
- There are 9 core hours that must be completed each renewal cycle. At least 3 of the 9 must be on the topic of Fair Housing.
Rhode Island Real Estate Agent Renewal Requirements
- Salespersons licenses expire annually on April 30th
- Renewal Fee: $130
- Late Fee: $100
- Renewal notices are emailed and mailed to all active Rhode Island real estate salespersons approximately 60 days prior to April 30th.
Rhode Island Real Estate Broker Renewal Requirements
- Broker licenses expire annually on April 30th
- Renewal Fee: $170 (odd year) $383 (even year)
- Late Fee: $100
- Renewal notices will be emailed and mailed to all active Rhode Island real estate salespersons approximately 60 days prior to April 30th.
Who is exempt from completing continuing ed in Rhode Island?
EXEMPTIONS: Any license issued before December 12, 1984, and residents of MA and CT whom have obtained their RI
license via reciprocity, are EXEMPT from the continuing education requirement. Also included in the exemption status are
residents of Florida who received their RI license via the Florida Mutual Recognition Agreement. (source: renewal form)
Have you filed all of your tax returns? You are going to be asked on the renewal form.
Pursuant to R.I. Gen. Laws, Chapter 5-76, as amended, any person applying for or renewing any license, permit, or other
authority to conduct a business or occupation within Rhode Island must have filed all required state tax returns and paid
all taxes due to the state or must have entered into a written agreement to pay delinquent state taxes that is satisfactory to the Tax Administrator.
What happens after I renew my Rhode Island real estate license?
A new Rhode Island real estate license is sent out within 5–10 business days of the state receiving the renewal form and payment.
How to complete the 24 credit hour continuing education requirement
The full 24 credit hours can be completed online at keepmecertified.com
Can I file my renewal form online?
Yes, the renewal form and payment can be submitted online through the state’s elicensing portal, by clicking here.
Rhode Island Online Real Estate School
Keep Me Certified is a Rhode Island approved online real estate school offering the 24 credit hours of approved continuing ed course topics necessary to renew a real estate license. To learn more or enroll and get started with our course, visit keepmecertified.com