New York Real Estate Recent Legal Matters Course- Online Continuing Ed Course
On July 1, 2021 the New York real estate license renewal requirements changed. In case you missed the article on How to Renew a NY Real Estate License in 2021, here is a high-level overview of the continuing education requirements.
The following credits must be completed as part of the 22.5 credits:
- 1 hour Recent Legal Matters
- 3 hours of fair housing and/or discrimination
- 2.5 hours on ethical business practices (ie Code of Ethics)
- 1 hour of Agency (2 if it’s your first renewal cycle)
Other notable changes:
- Licensees are no longer “grandfathered” and exempt from completing continuing ed
- NY Attorneys in good standing are exempt from real estate continuing ed [unchanged]
Recent Legal Matters Course
The Recent Legal Matters course is an entirely new requirement for the State of New York. Many states already have mandatory topics, some states releasing their own curriculums, but here in New York, as long as it meets the following criteria, it is left to each school to develop their own curriculum:
“…Pertaining to recent legal matters governing the practice of real estate brokers and salespersons in New York which may include statues, laws, regulations, rules, codes, department of state opinions and decisions, and cour decisions.” – NYDOS
Where can I find this course?
Here at Keep Me Certified, our Recent Legal Matters course titled “Mandatory | Legal Update” discusses the following topics:
- Important Landlord-Tenant Matters
- Real Estate Advertising
- Unlicensed Assistants
- Fair Housing
Keep Me Certified is a fully approved online real estate school by the New York Department of State, offering all 22.5 credits online, on video.
To learn more or enroll and our online course, head over to keepmecertified.com.
Full 22.5 Credit Package
In addition to offering the required Recent Legal Matters course (titled Legal Update on our website), we also offer all of the credits you need to satisfy the current New York real estate license renewal requirements. Our 22.5 credit package includes the following topics:
- Fair Housing
- Code of Ethics [Ethical Business Practices]
- Legal Update [Recent Legal Matter]
- Financing a Home: The New Rules
- Financing a Home: Personal Credit
- Real Estate Technology Today
- Real Estate Obstacles
- Understanding the Appraisal
- Agency Relationships [Agency]
- Residential Insurance
Learn more and get started today at keepmecertified.com
Where can I renew my New York real estate license?
Once you have completed Keep Me Certified’s 22.5 credit package, you can renew your real estate license directly with the state through their elicensing portal. Remember, only the licensee can renew their license with the state.