It is a simple process to keep your Connecticut real estate license active. The purpose of this article is to simplify the real estate license renewal process for Connecticut real estate agents and brokers.
Real Estate License Renewal Requirements
Below are the requirements that are the same for both CT real estate agents and brokers.
- Each Connecticut real estate license must be renewed every year
- There is an annual fee to renew your Connecticut real estate license
- Each licensee must complete 12 hours of continuing ed every 2 years and must be completed by March 31 of May 31 of every even year (2016, 2018, 2020…)
- There is one Mandatory course to be completed during each biennial (every 2 year) renewal period.
Connecticut Real Estate Agent Renewal Requirements
- Salespersons licenses expire annually on May 31
- Renewal Fee: $285 (odd year) $293 (even year)
Late Fee: $28.50 if renewal fee is not received by May 31st.
- Renewal notices are emailed and mailed to all active Connecticut real estate salespersons approximately 30–45 days prior to March 31st.
Connecticut Real Estate Broker Renewal Requirements
- Broker licenses expire annually on March 31st
- Renewal Fee: $375 (odd year) $383 (even year) Late Fee: $37.50 if renewal fee is not received by March 31st.
- Renewal notices will be emailed and mailed to all active Connecticut real estate salespersons approximately 30–45 days prior to March 31st.
What happens after I renew my real estate license?
A new Connecticut real estate license is sent out within 5–10 business days of the state receiving the renewal form and payment.
How to complete the 12 credit hour continuing education requirement
The full 12 credit hours can be completed online at keepmecertified.com
Can I file my renewal form online?
Yes, the renewal form and payment can be submitted online by clicking here.
Keep Me Certified is a Connecticut licensed real estate school, approved to offer the required and elective continuing education credits to licensed real estate professionals. To learn more or start a course, visit us at keepmecertified.com.